Published on 10 Jun 2004
| Took place at All Seasons Premier Menzies, Sydney, and Crowne Plaza, Parramatta
This seminar series was held on:
- 1 June 2004 at All Seasons Premier Menzies, Sydney
- 10 June 2004 at Crowne Plaza, Parramatta.
In its attemps to rein in the revenue loss to the government from the investment property boom the ATO has made it very well known that it is cracking down on depreciation. After interest expense, depreciation is one of the biggest deductions claimed by property investors. As most practitioners have clients who invest in property these seminar materials will provide an excellent opportunity to ensure that you are up to date on depreciation matters.
Depreciation issues for tax practitioners
Author(s): Annamaria CAREY This presentation covers the following topics:
- plant and building depreciation
- latest developments and strategies
- maximising depreciation claims for investment property owners
- when to carry out renovations to investment properties
- ATO audit activity and policy.