Published on 23 Mar 2004
| Took place at Illawarra Catholic Club, Hurstville, and The Chatswood Club, Chatswood
This seminar series was held at:
- the Illawarra Catholic Club, Hurstville on 16 March 2004
- The Chatswood Club on 23 March 2004.
Division 7A is a key focus area for ATO audits. While most practitioners are aware of the broad concept of Division 7A, failure to understand all the detail can inadvertently expose practitioners to large liabilities and cost clients money.
This seminar offered a practical approach to identifying and dealing with some Division 7A issues that can arise in practice, including
case study examples.
Division 7A - Devil in the Detail
Author(s): Mariana VON LUCKEN This presentation covers the following areas:
- the interaction between Division 7A and FBT
- repaying loan balances before year-end
- timing of principal and interest repayments
- documentation and calculation of Division 7A loans
- dealing with section 109UB issues under the existing law.