Published on 02 Sep 2003
| Took place at Zinc @ Federation Square, Melbourne
This seminar aims to give an overview of the new rules for the taxation of transactions in foreign currency (including FX borrowing, investment and hedging) and the asset finance changes proposed to Section 51AD and 16D
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.
Author(s): Vik KHANNA This powerpoint presenation focuses on some of the key practical issues emerging from the new FOREX regime including:
- Timing and status of elections to be made;
- Interaction of the FOREX rules with Tax Consolidation;
- Practical issues with the functional currency rules;
- Difficulties with the practical operation of the rules;
- Application to Bank and financial companies
Author(s): Neil WARD Topics covered in this seminar paper include:
- Background to the changes
- Potential scope of the law;
- Application of the risk tests;
- Concern with the definitions
- The calculations required to apply the provisions.