Published on 06 Mar 2001
| Took place at All Seasons Premier Menzies, Sydney
Since 1 April 2000, employers and employees alike have had to face the challenge of coming to grips with major FBT changes. The new reporting requirements continue to trip the unwary employer, and the introduction of the GST has added yet another layer of confusing complexity to the FBT.
In a series of structured technical presentations, this practical FBT year-end planning seminar will ensure that tax advisers and employers have strategies in place to manage these changes and protect the interest of employees.
Fringe Benefits Tax Planning 2001
Author(s): Andrew HUTT Topics covered in this seminar paper include:
- Introductory overview of the new FBT regime
- Rulings, Determinations, Cases and New Law - summary of the impact of recent cases and rulings on your organisation or clients
- Reportable fringe benefits - the impact of GST
- FBT and GST impact on cars
- The new FBT/GST rules for input tax suppliers - the latest ATO interpretation
- Expense payments and reimbursements
- New uniform penalty regime