Issues for Expatriates (and their advisors) Are You Still a Resident? Welcome to the Complications
Published on 10 Feb 2010
| Took place at Swissotel Sydney
Implementation of the 2009 Budget Announcement to effectively repeal s23AG has the flow on effect of increasing enormously the complexity for residents of Australia who are working overseas particularly in the area of accounting for and claiming FITO. But who is a resident of Australia? When do you become a nonresident?
This event was relevant particularly to delegates who:
- have clients that had the benefit of the s23AG exemption in the year ending 2009
- have clients that are no longer living in Australia because they are working overseas
- have clients that are living in Australia but are working overseas
- have clients who are no longer living in Australia because of retirement
- have clients coming to Australia or returned to Australia from overseas
- are interested in learning more about the tax rules relating to residence of individuals.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.