Practical Solutions for SMSF Non-Compliance
Published on 17 Jun 2009
| Took place at RACV Club, Melbourne, VIC
This event was aimed at lawyers, financial planners, accountants and administrators of SMSFs who could benefit from gaining practical
tips and insights into dealing with a breach or potential breach of superannuation law.
When faced with fund non-compliance, many advisers are unsure of what practical steps to take. This event was a workshop based around the following case studies of SMSF non-compliance
- inappropriate access to super money by members
- in-house assets rising above 5%, due to falling asset prices
- related party acquisitions in breach of s66 of the SIS Act
- an ungeared unit trust triggering SIS Reg 13.22D
- failure of the residency test by a fund.