Published on 07 Feb 2003
| Took place at City West Function Centre
The income tax and GST issues arising out of property development are both numerous and complex. This workshop will utilise 'real life' case studies to work through all these issues using a practical 'hands on' approach.
Land and Property - GST Case Studies
Author(s): Chris JENKINS This set of case studies and worked example solutions covers topics such as :
- When are we required to register - is there an 'enterprise'?
- What is the 'best' method of sale: margin scheme or not?
- What happens if we build property for resale but they rent?
- Pre-existing buildings and renovations
Author(s): Andrew SMITH Topics covered in this seminar paper include:
- key cases on the revenuue and capital distinction
- guidelines in classifying property developments
- tax implications of sale on revenue account
- tax implications of sale on capital account