Published on 10 Sep 2003
| Took place at Christie Corporate Centre, Brisbane
The Queensland Duties Act 2001 is now 18 months old. This seminar was designed to deliver comprehensive coverage of the issues which have changed since the introduction of the Duties Act 2001, and some of the intended and unintended consequences which have arisen out of the rewrite process. The sessions also highlighted some practical issues for practitioners when dealing with duty issues in Queensland and the other
rewrite states, as well as addressing some land and payroll tax issues.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.
Author(s): Suzanne BENNETT This presentation covers the following topics:
- Duties Act - a new way of thinking
- trusts - tracing interests
- sale of business (the theory)
- mortgages & multi-state changes
- recent amendments
- in house stamping and administrative issues.
Author(s): Howard ALEXANDER This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- possible inconsistencies with other rewrite jurisdictions
- case update - duties cases in other jurisdictions
- recent land tax case and potential implications for Queensland
- payroll tax update
- traps when dealing with interstate businesses
- QLD and NSW acquisition of business - case study.