Published on 09 Sep 2004
| Took place at Holiday Inn on Hindley, Adelaide
This seminar focused on practical state tax and revenue issues, in particular, stamp duty as it
applies to business transactions.
Comment was also made on current payroll tax and land tax issues. For example, what is the current position on payroll tax grouping? What is the current position with land tax and multiple land holdings?
All business transactions require that attention be given to stamp duty ramifications by
professional advisers. The intention of the seminar was to focus on main stream issues arising in the context of trusts, business and business asset conveyances.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.
Author(s): Andrew ANDREYEV This paper covers:
- 'asset' versus 'entity' transactions
- some general principles
- the 'sale contract' and 'conveyances'
- nexus with South Australia
- specific business assets
- farming businesses
- financing the acquisition
- valuation issues.
Author(s): Paul INGRAM Topics covered in this paper include:
- nominee arrangements
- discretionary trusts - variation and splitting
- unit trusts - unit transfers and redemptions and the JWW Nominees case
- superannuation funds - common transactions.
Author(s): Glynn FLAHERTY Topics covered in this paper include:
- taxable wages - the ins and outs
- when contractors are caught - the hidden danger
- are you grouped?
- employing interstate and overseas
- audit focus.