Published on 12 Feb 2004
| Took place at All Seasons Premier Menzies, Sydney and Crown Plaza, Parramatta
This seminar series was held on:
- Tuesday 3 February 2004 at All Seasons Premier Menzies, Sydney
- Thursday 12 February 2004 at Crowne Plaza, Parramatta
The popularity of super funds has grown enormously over recent years, this trend shows no sign of slowing. More of your clients are likely turn to superannuation as a preferred wealth accumulation vehicle. It's now more important than ever to understand the dos and don'ts of superannuation investments, not only to maximise your clients' wealth accumulation potential, but
also to keep the ATO and other regulatory bodies happy, given the recent focus on audits of superannuation funds.
Superannuation Investments: the dos & don'ts
Author(s): Winsome HOWSON The major topics covered in this presentation are:
- in-house assets & related party rules
- the sole purpose test in relation to artwork, holiday homes and vintage cars
- investing in unit trusts
- acquiring assets from related parties
- loans or financial assisstance to a member or relative
- borrowing restrictions & acquiring assets under vendor terms.