The New Section 109XB
Published on 22 Mar 2004
| Took place at The Menzies Hotel, Sydney
Section 109UB is rightly regarded as one of the most difficult provisions in the Tax Acts. It is effective from 12 December 2002.
This seminar covered:
- why Section 109UB exists?
- its operation in Division 7A
- shat has drawn the Government's attention to these issues (asset revaluation reserve strategies
and their interplay with 109UB)
- what has led up to the 12 December announcement (background to the Board of Taxation Report)?
- press releases
- how the replacement 109UB works
- is 109XB broader than 109UB?
- testing it against the asset revaluation reserve strategy.