Important: Reset your password We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
Published on 31 Aug 2004
| Took place at Menzies Hotel, Sydney
Despite constant amendments to the rules surrounding trusts, they still remain a viable investment vehicle in which to hold personal and business assets. The changes that have occurred in the last year with respect to CGT, asset
protection, loans and losses mean that it is more important than ever to refresh your knowledge in these areas.
This trust intensive program was designed to lead you through the complex rules and changes and ensure that you have an up to date working knowledge of the underlying rules and the changes.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.
This presentation covers the following topics:
- the interplay between trusts and Division 7A
- the general application of section 109 UB
- updated for section 109 XB
- traps for the unwary in applying section 109 XB
- the asset revaluation reserve strategy.
This paper covers the following topics:
- why FTEs are required
- the relevance of the trust type
- family trusts satisfying the pattern of distributions test
- the income injection test
- strategies for approaching FTE issues
- making a retrospective election.
This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- vesting the entire trust
- partially vesting a trust
- transferring an asset to a new trust on identical terms
- holding the trust assets as two separate funds
- splitting the trust and appointing a new trustee
- CGT/stamp duty.
This paper was also presented by the author at the A Matter of Trusts seminar held in Brisbane on 28 October 2004.
We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
To reset your password, contact our Membership and Customer Services Team on +61 2 8223 0000 (Monday to Friday, 830am – 5pm AEDT). If available, please have your member number or web user ID handy.