Trusts After Death
Published on 10 Sep 2008
| Took place at RACV Club, Melbourne
How do you advise the trustees of a deceased estate on tax issues where the Will has been badly drawn or fails altogether? In what circumstances are family trust elections relevant to deceased estates?
This event covered some important “below the radar” issues for estates including:
- creating estate proceeds trusts and superannuation death benefits trusts after the death of a deceased, having regard to Division 6AA
- superannuation child pensions
- choices within a testamentary trust Will
- choices within a Will that does not establish testamentary trusts
- disclaimers and when they should be used and their tax consequences
- franked dividends received by a deceased estate
- losses incurred by a deceased estate
- private companies with losses where shares are held by a deceased estate
- in specie distributions from deceased estates – CGT and GST implications.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.