Peter DE CURE,
These case studies explore the following issues:
- family trust election / interposed entity election - when, which, why
- family trust distribution tax
- strategies to use trust losses
- income injection test
- family law / succession problems with test individual.
These case studies were also presented by Steve Magor at the Trusts - Distributions and Losses seminar held in Darwin on 26 September 2003.
This seminar paper covers the following issues regarding distributions from trusts:
- how to get them right and avoid getting them wrong
- importance of understanding the trust deed
- wording of resolutions
- streaming to beneficiaries
- distributing CGT concessions
- distributing to companies
- distributions to non-residents
- amending assessments - the tricks and traps.
This seminar paper was also presented by Arlene Macdonald at the Trusts - Distributions and Losses seminar held in Darwin on 26 September 2003.
We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
To reset your password, contact our Membership and Customer Services Team on +61 2 8223 0000 (Monday to Friday, 830am – 5pm AEDT). If available, please have your member number or web user ID handy.