Trusts - The Final Frontier
Published on 10 Jul 2008
| Took place at Kooyong Tennis Club, Melbourne
The use of trusts for active enterprises and passive activities continues to grow.
Unfortunately, too many advisors recommend trusts to achieve a taxation outcome
without a proper understanding of the rules relating to their use.
- how is income and capital gains dealt with by the trust?
- how do you extract value from the trust?
- is it possible that you might have a trust without realising it?
- is it necessary to make a family trust election?
- when should or shouldn't it be made?
At this event, Eugene Berkovic looked at all of the relevant issues relating to trusts -
both from a legal and practical accounting view.