Published on 04 Aug 05
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- what are 'at call' or credit loans?
- how 'at call' loans fit within the debt/equity provisions
- taxation and commercial issues raised by debt being treated as equity or as neither debt nor equity
- SME 'carve out' proposal - do you fit in?
- 1 July 2005 'start date' and action timing
- loan documentation considerations
- commercial considerations - broader impact on structuring, joint ventures, shareholders agreements
- case study.
Tony is a Partner of Riordans Lawyers
Current at 26 March 2008 Current at 14 April 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tony RIORDAN.