Published on 19 May 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- accounting for acquisitions - shares, assets and joint ventures
- impact on tax outcomes and price
- impact of IFRS on acquisitions from 1 January 2005
- which accounting standards apply
- acquisition issues involving provisions, contingencies, intangible and impairment testing
- impact of reverse acquisitions
- deferred tax accounting.
Trevor is an Ernst and Young Tax Partner with 20 years corporate and international tax experience. Trevor's experience includes assisting multinational companies in structuring their investments into and out of Australia in a tax efficient manner, from both an Australian and foreign company location perspective. Trevor has also been heavily involved in assisting his clients with understanding and implementing the many tax reform changes introduced over the last five years, including planning for, and implementing the tax consolidations regime.
- Current at
29 March 2005