Published on 27 Aug 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- when to establish self managed funds
- using self managed pension rules - use of market linked annuities / allocated pensions / Treasury review documents released on 24 January
- variations of contribution strategies
- RBL compression and other useful strategies / RBL strategies
- planning for efficient taxation of death benefits
- use of binding death benefit nominations
- use of offshore superannuation structures.
This was also presented on 3 December 2005 at the repeat 13th National Tax Intensive Retreat. It includes some minor updates made for presentation on 19 May 2006 at the North Queensland Convention, held in Townsville.
Paul is a Chartered Accountant and a Partner at Grant Thornton, leading their tax division in Brisbane. He has over 30 years’ experience working with clients to help them navigate through complex and potentially risky tax and commercial issues. His expertise includes domestic and international tax planning, transaction advisory and support, superannuation structuring and advice, succession planning and estate planning. Paul has presented at many professional and business forums, both in Australia and internationally. He is a contributing author to Thomson Reuter’s Financial Planning Handbook. Paul is also the recipient of The Tax Institute’s SME Tax Adviser of the Year Award for 2016.
- Current at
26 June 2019