Published on 03 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers the following topics:
- what are the major changes in accounting standards for the financial services sector as a result of the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in Australia?
- in particular, what are the implications arising from IAS 39/AASB 139 (Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement) and other major new accounting standards?
- how will existing tax law be impacted by the adoption of IFRS and what changes to tax law are needed?
- which issues will be of particular concern for financial institutions?
- how will existing and future instalments of the Taxation of Financial Arrangements reform project be impacted by IAS 39/AASB 139 and other new standards?