Published on 03 Feb 05
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- what approach is taken by the WAOSR to transfers of professional services businesses?
- what kind of stamp duty assessment is likely to be issued upon the transfer of a professional services business?
- are there ongoing stamp duty benefits from the transfer of such a business?
- what are the trade practices implications of operating under a company structure?
- do you have a checklist for the practical matters which must be dealt with?
After completing her law degree, Fiona worked as a solicitor at Clayton Utz and then Freehills (now Herbert Smith Freehills). She was subsequently a director and in-house counsel at Ernst & Young. In 2001, Fiona and her husband established Halsey Legal Services. Fiona is also a director of Licensee Solutions Pty Ltd, which specialises in Australian financial services compliance. She has been a State Chairperson, State Councillor, National Councillor and Head of the WA Technical Committee for The Tax Institute. Fiona acts in many professional negligence matters, including disputes about professional indemnity insurance. She acts for complainants and defendants in tribunals and courts.
- Current at
15 September 2015