Published on 03 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- the major changes in accounting standards for the financial services sector as a result of the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in Australia
- in particular, the implications arising from IAS 39/AASB 139 (Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement) and other major new accounting standards?
- how existing tax law will be impacted by the adoption of IFRS and the changes to tax law that will be needed
- the issues that will be of particular concern for financial institutions
- how existing and future instalments of the Taxation of Financial Arrangements reform project will be impacted by IAS 39/AASB 139 and other new standards.
Ross has over 26 years experience in the financial services industry specialising in banking. Ross is involved with determining the application to banks of the current Australian and US accounting standards. Ross is a member of Westpac's IFRS implementation team providing technical advice on the application of International accounting standards. Ross also provides accounting advice to Westpac business units in respect of proposed transactions and structures.
Current at 17 December 2004
Further details about this event: