Published on 26 Aug 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covers:
- passing control of the family business via passing control of the company that owns the business
- use of different classes and types of shares
- dividend streaming
- opportunities and challenges presented by the Div 152 small business concessions
- Sec 149-30 and Event K6
- Event K6 and other issues re change in majority underlying interests
- use of demergers and other rollover provisions.
This was also presented on 1 December 2005 at the repeat 13th National Tax Intensive Retreat.
Peter is a Consultant at McCullough Robertson, having been a partner with the firm from July 1986 to December 2011. His practice focuses on tax and commercial law with an emphasis on estate planning, taxation, tax planning, business structuring, business succession and family business intergenerational transfer. He is also the Founder of Transition Planning Australia, which helps business owners, professionals and others to create a framework for the transition from business or full-time work to the next phase of their lives. TPA’s belief is that everyone is entitled to a meaningful life after full-time work. Peter has degrees in Commerce and Law (with Honours) from the University of Queensland.
- Current at
29 November 2017