Published on 10 Feb 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- Division 7A changes: extended time to repay and document
- trust loans and Division 7A
- loan forgiveness - remember the pitfalls?
- statute barred loans - where are we?
- addressing old loans
- debt equity rules for loans to private companies - the final position.
This was also presented by Marcus Davis at the 'SMEs - There's More to Know' seminar held in Sydney on 28 March 2006.
Jamie’s background includes Senior Managerial roles within a Big 4 accounting firm which
has allowed him to develop his expertise in taxation, advising family groups through to global
companies. Jamie works closely with Hanrick Curran’s clients to simplify taxation obligations
and to create tax effective structures and solutions for businesses and their owners. Jamie
also assists small and regional accounting and legal practitioners to provide training and
technical tax consulting advice to their clients.
Current at 9 October 2008 Current at 15 December 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Jamie TOWERS.