Published on 06 Dec 05
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation provides an overview of the significant administrative amendments encapsulated in TLA (Improvements to Self Assessment) Bill (No 2), TLA (Improvements to Self Assessment) Act (No 1) including:
- a reduction in the amendment period for Part IVA assessments
- loss returns deemed to be assessments
- the replacement of the current ruling system
- the new ruling system including the ability to fast track rulings and a broadening of the types of issues that can be dealt with in private rulings
- shortfall interest charge (SIC) for pre-amendment periods
- objection, review and appeal rights on certain SIC remission decisions.
Tony is a Partner of Riordans Lawyers
Current at 26 March 2008 Current at 14 April 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Tony RIORDAN.