Published on 21 Oct 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- commercial and taxation ramifications of effecting share sales: what do you do with loan accounts and retained earnings?
- use of shareholders agreements to "sharpen" the effectiveness of the company constitution
- share classes with varying rights
- dividend streaming and value shifting
- ability to migrate retained profits to other companies/trusts
- CGT issues.
Mervyn Burton CTA
Merv is a Director, Corporate Tax in KPMG’s Tax Division in
Adelaide. Merv joined KPMG in 1999 prior to which he held senior positions
within several technical areas of the ATO during a 15 year career. Merv
provides tax advice on all areas of income tax including high net worth
individuals, corporate tax, due diligence advice on sales and acquisitions
(including structuring advice), international tax advice, capital gains tax and
financing structures. Current at 02 August 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Merv BURTON.
Further details about this event: