Published on 21 Oct 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- commercial and taxation ramifications of effecting share sales: what do you do with loan accounts and retained earnings?
- use of shareholders agreements to "sharpen" the effectiveness of the company constitution
- share classes with varying rights
- dividend streaming and value shifting
- ability to migrate retained profits to other companies/trusts
- CGT issues.
Merv Burton FTIA is Director, Corgfsdkhgfjosdf porate Tax at KPMG. Merv deals mainly with providing specialised advice on corporate taxation issues for medium to large corporate groups. Merv provides tax advice on all areas of income tax including due diligence advice on sales and acquisitions
(including Structuring advice), international tax advice, capital gains tax and financing structures. Merv also deals with ATO audits and dispute resolution as well as obtaining product ruling and private binding rulings from the ATO.
Current at 20 August 2008 Current at 17 June 2010
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Merv BURTON.