Published on 13 May 05
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- working within a framework
- identification of assets, liabilities and beneficiaries
- drafting a tax effective will
- enduring powers of attorney, guardianship and advance medical directives
- when and how to use discretionary trusts
- emerging trends
- practical traps and tips.
This was also presented at the 2005 North Queensland Convention in Townsville on 19 May 2005.
Dr John De Groot
John is a leading specialist in Wills and Estate Law and author of a number of definitive publications
on the subject. For many years, John was the Director of Legal Practice of the Law Faculty at the
Queensland University of Technology, having responsibility for the faculty’s legal training programs for
graduates seeking admission as solicitors or barristers in the State. John retired from QUT in 1999 to
return to full time private practice with de Groot Wills & Estates. Current at 21 July 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by John DE GROOT.
Further details about this event: