Published on 20 Oct 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- difficulties with working out who the beneficiaries are
- trust-to-trust distributions and the rule against perpetuities
- problems with distribution powers and beneficiary entitlements
- problems with appointors and guardians
- trust deed variations: How? What can they cure? What are the side effects?
- the dangers of resettlement
- terminating trusts.
Greg Cahill CTA
Greg is a partner in Cooper Grace Ward's commercial practice. He has extensive experience in providing commercial and tax related advice to private and corporate clients and gives specialist advice to accountants and other financial service providers on a wide range of direct and indirect tax issues (particularly income and capital gains tax and GST), state taxes and superannuation. Greg also has substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions and corporate and trust restructuring issues. He is a regular speaker at seminars and professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia, The Tax Institute and the Queensland Law Society. Greg has been listed by Best Lawyers Australia for Tax in 2012 and 2013. He has also been listed for Commercial as well as Trusts and Estates in 2013. Current at 07 April 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Greg CAHILL.
Further details about this event: