Published on 12 Oct 05
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- Eligibility - what is a 'widely held' or 'eligible Div 166 company'?
- How the modified tracing rules apply in relation to:
- directly and indirectly held interests of less than 10%
- deemed beneficial owners
- the loss integrity and unrealised loss rules
- bad debts claims
- net capital losses
- Ultimate owners
- Testing for preference shares and shares with varying rights
- When testing must occur?
- the basic rule
- loss companies coming into existence in the loss year
- applying prior year capital losses
- current year losses.
Andrew Woollard FTIA is a Tax Partner with Ernst & Young, specialising in corporate and international tax. Andrew has over
15 years experience in advising clients on a broad range of corporate tax issues, including M&A transactions, restructuring,
and business tax reform issues, including tax consolidation and tax loss issues.
- Current at
19 June 2012