07 Nov 13 2 Practice Statements on collection of tax and GST issued
On 7 November 2013, the ATO issued the following 2 Practice Statements:
- PS LA 2013/5 Collection of consolidated group liabilities
- PS LA 2013/6 Collection from goods and services tax (GST) groups, GST joint ventures and other entities of debts arising from indirect tax laws.
The purpose of PS LA 2013/5 is to outline the Commissioner's policy in relation to:
- the collection of group liabilities from head companies of consolidated groups, member entities and entities that have left the group
- tax sharing agreements, including their form and basis of apportionment of group liabilities amongst members, and
- the requirements for an entity to leave the group clear of certain liabilities.
The purpose of PS LA 2013/6 is to outline the Commissioner's policy in relation to:
- indirect tax sharing agreements for the collection from GST groups and GST joint ventures of debts arising from indirect tax laws including amounts arising under the GST law, the wine tax law, the luxury car tax law and the fuel tax law, and
- the collection from other entities that are not GST groups or GST joint ventures of debts arising from indirect tax laws.