16 May 1111 2011 Measures No 2 Bill passed by House
On 12 May 2011, Tax Laws Amendment (2011 Measures No 2) Bill 2011 was passed by the House of Representatives without amendment.
The Bill amends:
- ITAA 1997 in relation to the list of deductible gift recipients;
- the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 in relation to self managed superannuation fund investment in collectables and personal use assets;
- the Retirement Savings Accounts Act 1997 and Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 to allow superannuation fund trustees and retirement savings account providers to use tax file numbers in certain circumstances;
- the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 and A New Tax System (Luxury Car Tax) Act 1999 to allow entities to self assess the goods and services tax treatment of a payment of an Australian tax, fee or charge; and
- 16 Acts to make technical amendments.
The Bill now proceeds to the Senate.