05 Aug 1010 5 GST Addenda and a Withdrawal
On 4 August 2010, the ATO issued the following 5 Addenda:
- GSTD 2004/2A - Goods and services tax: are all supplies made by the entity nominated as the joint venture operator to entities that are participants in the GST joint venture to be treated as if they are not taxable supplies?
- GSTR 2004/2A - Goods and services tax: what is a joint venture for GST purposes?
- GSTR 2004/3A - Goods and services tax: arrangements of the kind described in Taxpayer Alert TA 2004/2 - Avoidance of GST on the sale of new residential premises
- GSTR 2005/3A - Goods and services tax: arrangements of the kind described in Taxpayer Alert TA 2004/9 - exploitation of the second-hand goods provisions to obtain input tax credits
- GSTR 2005/4A - Goods and services tax: arrangements of the kind described in Taxpayer Alerts TA 2004/6 and TA 2004/7: use of the Grouping or Margin Scheme provisions of the GST Act to avoid or reduce the Goods and Services Tax on the sale of new residential premises
These Addenda are made to reflect changes in the law as a result of the Tax Laws Amendment (2010 GST Administration Measures No 2) Act 2010 . These changes apply to tax periods starting on or after 1 July 2010.
On 4 August 2010, the ATO withdrew the following GST Determination with effect from the same day:
- GSTD 2008/1W Goods and services tax: for taxable supplies or creditable acquisitions made by a member entity of a GST group, is the representative member of the GST group liable to pay GST and entitled to input tax credits if the GST or input tax credits are attributable to a tax period other than when the entity is a member of the GST group?