MEMBER 5 writes:
"My client was advised by his bank he could no longer operate his company bank account as his driver’s licence identification of the spelling of his name differed from that held by the ASIC by 2 letters (Michael was shown as Micheal). As registered agent for his company, I spent time trying to correct the entry when I realised that when I set up his company as a single shareholder/office holder, no changes had been made since incorporation. So I emailed ASIC and received a phone call from them the next day advising that they have a 'glitch in their system’!! After confirming that their records had been adjusted, I forcefully hung up."