09 Dec 1313 ATO contacting businesses about taxable payments annual reports
The ATO advises that it is telephoning some businesses in the building and construction industry directly to:
- test the levels of understanding of the requirements of the new system
- help businesses to comply with their taxable payments annual reporting obligations.
It has also been contacting them to:
- ensure lodged reports are correct and complete
- follow up with businesses that have not yet lodged a report (where ATO records indicate they should have)
- follow up with businesses who have advised the ATO that they are not required to report (where ATO records indicate they have a reporting requirement).
The businesses are being contacted directly even if they are clients of tax agents.