19 Dec 13
ATO Dispute Resolution Working Group
On Monday 9 December 2013, Joanne Dunne CTA (Minter Ellison) attended the inaugural meeting of the ATO Dispute Resolution Working Group. At the meeting, the following issues were discussed:
- An update was provided in relation to the new ATO Independent Review Function, with discussion in particular around the “case conference” aspect of this process;
- An update was provided in relation to early engagement in the objections process in the Large market segment;
- An update was provided in relation to the use Alternative Dispute Resolution including consideration of a proposed initiative to promote ADR in the SME market;
- Options for improving the use of ADR in the Large market; and
- Considering issues for consultation in 2014.
Members who seek further information in relation to the above should contact us at Tax Policy.