On Monday 14 April 2014, Paul Ingram CTA (Minter Ellison) attended a meeting of the ATO Not-For-Profit Advisory Group. At the meeting, the following issues were discussed:
- “Health of the system approach” issues including the way the ATO is communicating to the not-for-profit sector and compliance activities affecting the sector;
- An update from Treasury including in relation to the exposure draft concerning the "in Australia" conditions for tax concessions;
- A proposed ruling on the other special conditions for tax concession entities (compliance with governing rules and purposes);
- An update from the ATO regarding not-for-profit tax-related cases.
- A discussion with representatives of the Australian Business Register regarding problems experienced by not-for-profits.
Members who require further information in relation to the above should contact us at Tax Policy.