15 Aug 1414
ATO Not-For-Profit Advisory Group
On Wednesday 30 July 2014, Paul Ingram CTA (Minter Ellison) attended a meeting of the ATO Not-For-Profit Advisory Group. At the meeting, the following issues were discussed:
- “Health of the system approach” issues including potential opportunities for ‘red tape’ reduction;
- An update from Treasury including in relation to current issues affecting not-for-profits including the "in Australia" conditions for tax concessions;
- A proposed ruling on the other special conditions for tax concession entities (compliance with governing rules and purposes);
- An update from the ATO regarding the outcome of the Hunger Project case; and
- A discussion around the transfer of the regulation of charities from the ACNC to the ATO.
Members who require further information in relation to the above should contact us at Tax Policy.