21 Nov 1414
ATO Not-For-Profit Advisory Group
On Wednesday 12 November 2014, Paul Ingram CTA (Minter Ellison) attended a meeting of the ATO Not-For-Profit Advisory Group. At the meeting, the following issues were discussed:
- A presentation about “Reinventing the ATO” was provided to Advisory Group members and the principles that will flow into the ‘not-for-profit’ area;
- Concerns around meeting ATO ‘proof of identity’ requirements and differences between ATO and ACNC practices;
- Issues with updating information maintained on the Australian Business Register, and liaising between the ABR and the ACNC;
- Update from Treasury, in particular in relation to the progress of the ‘in Australia’ condition measure; and
- Update from the Department of Social Services in relation to the replacement arrangements should the ACNC be wound up.
The ATO is also consulting on draft documentation that may be used by a departing administrator (eg treasurer, office bearer or employee) of a not-for-profit organisation by way of handover to the new administrator.
Members who require further information in relation to the above should contact us at Tax Policy.