In a broadcast message sent to tax agents on 22 February 2013, the ATO said that as a result of the recent upgrade to its online services, some tax agents experienced issues that affected their access to the Tax Agent Portal.
These issues included:
- Viewing IT account information
- Adding clients
- Viewing client details
- Updating client details
- Inability to download the Outstanding activity statement report
- Intermittent 'permissions denied' error.
The ATO believes that it has now resolved all these issues and are contacting tax practitioners who raised specific problems to see if they require any further support and assistance.
If agents have not been able to lodge activity statements for specific clients due to these issues, they can apply for a:
- lodgment deferral using the Self-assessed lodgment deferrals form
- lodgment and payment deferral using the Request for additional time to lodge form.
Both forms can be found here