05 Sep 14
ATO Tax Practitioner Advisory Group – Tax Time 2014
On Tuesday 2 September 2014, Tax Counsel Thilini Wickramasuriya ATI attended a meeting of the ATO Tax Practitioner Advisory Group to discuss issues arising during Tax Time 2014.
The main points discussed in this week’s meeting were:
- There have been some issues with documents missing on image viewer on the Tax Agent Portal over the weekend which the ATO is working through.
- SMS and email alerts were due to be sent on Tuesday 2 September 2014 to taxpayers eligible to use MyTax who have not already lodged their returns, as most pre-fill information is now available.
- ATO is seeking feedback from any other members who have experienced the same issue with lodging through ELS as noted by member 120 in TaxVine member feedback last week.
- Paper lodgments had decreased by approximately 60,000 with a large proportion of those returns now being lodged through ELS.
- There had been no overall increase in electronic lodgments by individuals but there were approximately 600,000 returns being lodged by MyTax which would previously have been lodged by Etax.
The key messages from the meeting as circulated by the ATO should be available via the link below shortly.
Members seeking further information in relation to the above or any other issues relating to Tax Time 2014 should contact us at Tax Policy