26 Oct 1212 ATO Tax Practitioner Forum - Weekly Tax Time 2012 Key Messages
On 24 October 2012, Tax Counsel, Stephanie Caredes CTA attended a meeting with the ATO Tax Practitioner Forum (ATPF) to discuss Tax Time 2012. Following this meeting, the ATO has issued the following key messages:
- Tax Time 2012 continues to run smoothly.
- The ATO has processed more returns this year (around 7.6 million) than it had processed at the same time last year (around 7.5 million).
- We continue to perform strongly against service standards for electronic returns
- Individuals – within 12 business days (currently 98% against benchmark of 94%);
- Non individual – within 14 calendar days (currently 93% against benchmark of 92%).
From 1 July to 21 October 2012 we received 3,925,305 calls and achieved service levels of:
- Tax practitioner calls – 93% of calls answered within two minutes, and
- General taxpayer calls – 88% of calls answered within five minutes.
During this period the average wait time was 34 seconds for tax practitioner calls and 125 seconds for general taxpayer calls.
The ATO regularly undertake system upgrades and routine maintenance over the weekend.
- Sunday 28 October from midnight until 3am – the only function unavailable is accounts online.
For outage details including how it may affect you, login to the portal and check “key updates”.
This is the last meeting for this year specifically in relation to Tax Time 2012. Members who experience issues with Tax Time 2012 should email us at Tax Policy and these issues can be raised with the ATO through the ATO Tax Practitioner Forum or other relevant channels for resolution.