Home / Home
ATO to review foreign resident withholding payments, expenses and credits claimed
15 Jun 2010
The ATO has advised that during June 2010, it will be contacting selected tax agents who have clients in the in the $2m – $10m annual turnover market who:
- are residents of Australia and
- reported gross payments as income and
- claimed expenses against those payments and/or
- claimed credits for tax withheld under the foreign resident withholding (FRW) regime in their income tax returns.
The purpose of the call is to invite resident clients to review the:
- amounts they have reported as gross payments subject to FRW
- expenses claimed against those payments
- credits claimed for tax withheld under the FRW rules.