17 May 1010 AUSkey and online information
In a broadcast message to tax agents sent on 14 May 2010, the ATO advised that AUSkey would be implemented the following weekend, ready to use from Monday, 17 May 2010.
From 17 May 2010, there will be a "new look" Portal login screen giving agents the choice of using their current ATO digital certificate or AUSkey. This is the only change when accessing the Portal. Agents will still be able to use their ATO digital certificate as normal.
For information about AUSkey, go here
The ATO has also published the following documents containing information about using its online services:
- ATO digital certificates - Information about accessing our online services.
- Business Portal - A secure website for managing your business tax affairs, protected by online security credentials - AUSkey and ATO digital certificates.
- Changes to our online security system - In May 2010, we adopted a new online security credential called AUSkey. We will no longer issue new ATO digital certificates and renewal and replacement facilities will be switched off. However you can continue to use your ATO digital certificate until it expires or is cancelled.
- Computer requirements - Provides information on the minimum computer requirements for using most of our online services.
- Contact us about online services - FAQs didn't answer your question? Phone us about our online services, AUSkey or digital certificate issues and for technical support.
- Electronic Commerce Interface (ECI) software - The Electronic Commerce Interface (ECI) is a software application developed for business operators who want to lodge large amounts of data through an online transaction.
- Frequently asked questions - This document sets out frequently asked questions for ATO digital certificate and AUSkey holders.
- Lodge pay as you go (PAYG) payment summary annual reports online - Request and send your PAYG annual payment summary reports online.
- Lodge superannuation statements and reports - Online lodgment of your surcharge assessment variation advice statement is one of the many superannuation services available.
- Lodge Tax File Number (TFN) Declaration reports - Lodge TFN declaration report files online and receive immediate confirmation of receipt.
- Lodge your activity statements online - Lodge your activity statement online and receive immediate confirmation of receipt.
- Lodge your fuel grants claims online - Lodge your fuel grants claim forms online.
- Minimum computer requirements - Provides information on the minimum computer requirements for using most of our online services.
- Online security - This page contains important information about your online security and is constantly updated with examples of the latest ATO related scams.
- Online services for BAS service providers - Prepare, lodge and revise activity statements and other reports using our secure online lodgments.
- Online services for businesses - As a business, you can use the following tools to deal with us online.
- Online services for tax agents - As a tax agent, you can use the following tools to deal with us online.
- Replace or cancel your digital certificate - Make a request to replace or cancel your digital certificate online.
- Terms and conditions - two week deferral offer - Terms and conditions of the two week deferral offer
- Using digital certificates on USB sticks - Putting your ATO digital certificate on to a USB stick will give you the flexibility to login to the ATO's portals from any computer without having to install your certificate on each computer that you want to use.