27 May 1111 Australian National Audit Office Project Wickenby review
As members would be aware, the Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) is currently undertaking a performance audit into Project Wickenby. This audit will assess the effectiveness of Project Wickenby to detect, deter and deal with international tax fraud and evasion by Australian taxpayers.
The audit will review a number of areas, including:
- the extent to which Project Wickenby has met its outcomes and objectives;
- domestic cross-agency governance mechanisms and international coordination arrangements for Project Wickenby
- processes for determining the compliance program for Project Wickenby
- the ATO’s conduct of risk reviews and audits; and
- investigations conducted by the Australian Crime Commission and Australian Federal Policy.
The ANAO welcomes comments from The Tax Institute’s members on these matters. If you have any comments to make, please contact Tax Policy so that we can incorporate you.