18 Mar 2021 Business Measures
Livestream event: Single Touch Payroll expansion (Phase 2)
From 1 January 2022, you will need to start sending additional payroll information through Single Touch Payroll (STP). This is known as the STP expansion, or STP Phase 2.
The ATO is hosting a livestream event with Services Australia on Monday 29 March at 1:30pm (AEDT). The discussion will cover:
- what is STP Phase 2
- what the changes will mean for you
- what you can do to get ready.
There will also be a panel discussion and an opportunity to ask questions. You can register for the livestream here.
Review your clients’ PAYG instalments
If you have varied your clients' pay as you go (PAYG) instalments this income year, it is a good time to check that their instalments still reflect their expected end of year tax liability.
More information can be found here.
Key dates for March 2021
- 22 March 2021: February monthly BAS due
- 28 March 2021: JobKeeper Payment extension 2 finishes
- 30 March 2021: JobKeeper enrolments close for March fortnights