The Chair of the Tax Practitioners Board, Dale Boucher, has published a message date 19 July 2011, providing an update on:
- recent compliance activities
- professional indemnity insurance
- incentive program for BAS agent renewals before 29 January 2012
- education requirements for registered agents
- the Board’s involvement in the ATO’s BAS agent seminars
- the Board’s approach to recognised prior learning and how it may assist agents, and
- the Board's awareness campaign to encourage taxpayers to use a registered agent.