30 Oct 12 Changes to the Australian Business Register
The ATO advises that the Australian Business Register (ABR) will upgrade its services on 26 November 2012.
The ABR and AUSkey websites will be unavailable from:
- 6pm Eastern Daylight-saving Time (EDT) Friday, 16 November to midnight EDT Sunday night,18 November
- Noon EDT Friday, 23 November to 7am EDT Monday, 26 November 2012.
After the changes, clients will:
- be able to register for a business name, an AUSkey, GST, fuel tax credits and PAYG withholding as part of their online Australian Business Number (ABN) application
- have their details pre-filled from one registration to the next - for example, some of their ABN details will be pre-filled into their business name application
- need to apply directly with each agency for additional registrations if they elect not to apply at the same time as their ABN application, or already have an ABN
- need to apply for a business name directly with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission if they are not an individual or organisation with an Australian Company Number or Australian registered body number
- still need to go to the AUSkey website www.auskey.abr.gov.au to manage their AUSkeys - for example, cancel an AUSkey, or apply for additional AUSkeys.