13 Sep 1212 Changes to the Portals causing problems for tax agents
The ATO advises that on the weekend of 8 and 9 September 2012, changes were made to the Tax Agent Portal, BAS Agent Portal and Business Portal, as follows:
- Access Manager (AM) replaced the Online Access Manager providing Portal users with control access and functionality access with the Portals. The ATO says that AM offers new functions, including easier navigation and the ability to copy access and permissions across multiple users.
- BAS Agent Portal enhancements were deployed providing BAS agents with additional functionality.
In relation to the second change, the ATO advises that as part of the Tax practitioner action plan 2011-2015, one of its focus areas is to improve the support and assistance it provides to BAS agents. The increased functionality was provided as a result of feedback on how the ATO can assist BAS agents with their intermediary role and includes access to the client account menu, additional online forms and portal mail messaging topics. For more information about the BAS Portal changes, go here
However, the ATO also advises that as a result of the upgrade, registered agents have been experiencing a number of intermittent problems including:
- connecting to the Portal
- slow response times navigating the Portal
- inability to request reports such as pre-fill information
- intermittent disconnection from the Portal.
The ATO says that it is working to restore services. For more information about the problems, see the latest System maintenance and issues page on the ATO website.