16 Mar 11 Enhancements to notices of assessment and statements of account
The ATO advises that it has updated its processing system in February 2011 to make enhancements to notices of assessment (NOA) and statements of account (SOA). Many of these enhancements are based on feedback it received from tax agents.
The enhancements to NOA for all entities include:
- removing the reference to e-tax in the header section
- indenting and bolding some labels
- moving the assessed tax payable amount closer to its description
- making the outcome of the notice more prominent
- making the due date for payment more prominent
- showing all assessment information on the first page where possible.
The enhancements to SOA for all entities include:
- removing the role summary from page 1
- removing the paragraph outlining the reason for the SOA, except in cases where the SOA accompanies a NOA
- removing the gridlines and adding new descriptions to the "overdue" and "account balance" information
- starting the transaction listing on page one, which decreases the total number of pages.
A SOA will no longer be triggered for non-individual fully self-assessed companies or super funds when the assessment result equals the account balance.