Follow up review into ATO’s implementation of IGOT recommendations submitted to Minister
12 Jul 2010
On 30 June 2010, the Inspector-General of Taxation (IGOT) submitted to the Minister his report of his follow up review into the ATO’s implementation of recommendations included in reports prepared by the IGOT between June 2006 and October 2008.
As of October 2008, the IGOT had completed the following reports on systemic tax administration issues identified through consultation as relevant to stakeholders:
- Review of Tax Office Management of Complex Issues - Case Study on Service Entity Arrangements (publicly released 24 April 2007)
- Review of Tax Office Management of Complex Issues - Case Study on Living Away From Home Allowances (publicly released 10 May 2007)
- Review of Tax Office Management of Complex Issues - Case Study on Research and Development Syndicates (publicly released 16 August 2007)
- Review of the Potential Revenue Bias in Private Binding Rulings Involving Large Complex Matters (publicly released 25 February 2008)
- Review of the Tax Office's administration of GST audits for large taxpayers (publicly released 11 June 2008)
- Report on improvements to tax administration arising from the Inspector-General's case study reviews of the Tax
The report will be released by the Minister in due course.