27 Feb 15
GST Advisory Group Meeting
On Thursday 19 February 2015 Matthew Nicholls CTA (Ernst & Young) attended a meeting of the GST Advisory Group. A range of issues were discussed at the meeting including:
- Reasonableness and timeliness of information requests by the ATO in relation to pre-issue refund integrity checks;
- New developments that will have GST implications;
- GST treatment of ‘peer to peer’ funding;
- Opportunities for deregulation and the implementation of ‘safe harbours’; and
- Implementation of recommendations from the Board of Taxation’s report on the Review of Tax Impediments facing Small Business.
Members who require further information in relation to the above should contact us at Tax Policy.